Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A New Year

Oh holy cats, it was cold here today! Highs got up to the oh-so-NOT-balmy mid 30s, but the whipping wind made it feel like the 20s. I'm not a fan of cold weather anymore, but at least I got to wear my newly-made fingerless mitts and my knit cap from the Knit Happens group.

Work was okay, mostly a day of catching up and re-prioritizing. Unfortunately, the cold from hell got the best of me, and by the end of the day, I was queasy from coughing so much. The inhaler & tessalon pearls did very little to slow things down, so I stopped and bought a box of Allegra. It's not doing much either. I really don't want to go see the doc because she's of the belief that if I try hard enough, I can suppress the cough through sheer willpower alone, and I don't want to be lectured about my lack thereof. Bah.

Did some more crocheting tonight, this time with a felting wool in shades of rose and cocoa. I'm going to felt the swatch tomorrow and see how the colorway comes out. If it's as pretty as I hope it will be, I'm either going to make another set of wrist warmers or go whole hog and make a purse/bag.

I pulled out a selection of yarn to take to work tomorrow so a pal can pick out yarn for her own wristwarmers. The Diva promptly jumped up into the chair where I was stacking the yarn and arranged her fabulous self across the cushion. Of course, I had to snap pix and take a short video. She suffered through it all with her usual grace and patience, blinking calmly at me as if to say, "Well, if you MUST make a fuss, go ahead. Do focus on my left side; it IS my best side, after all."

Bedtime, hopefully soon.

2 comments:

Kat said...

So, um...where are the pix & video of The Diva?! She must be seen!!! And yes, your blog has now been read in the U.K. (if it wasn't already). Glad to see ya' back :D Keep up the good writing...and movie reviews.

Lythrum said...

Sorry to hear that you are still sick, I hope that it goes away soon. :( And hey in the UK Kat, I hope your trip is going well. :)