Saturday, December 31, 2011

Yarning, Part 2

Finished one of the fingerless mitts last night. HUZZAH! I am inordinately pleased with the results. Amazing what happens when you use the correct size of crochet hook! ;)

I started the second mitt last night after getting home from the movies, and the dark purple is working up nicely. I may make another set with some cotton yarn I have in my stash.

I have a feeling I will get a lot of crocheting done today because what I thought was just a random allergy thing has turned into a cold, complete with laryngitis. I woke up at 4 a.m. because I couldn't breathe or swallow properly. Blek. Not the best way to bring in the new year, maybe, but not the worst, either. Plan for today is to drink lots of hot tea, maybe venture out to see Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (despite my loathing of Tom Cruise and his gigantic teeth), and spend lots of time with yarn and hook.

Happy New Year's Eve!

No comments: