Thursday, December 29, 2011

Yarning

The Salty Sheep in Swansboro is running a 20% off everything sale, so of course, I had to drive out there and wallow. I nabbed a midnight-blue Malabrigo, some sock yarn for a certain someone, and a couple of skeins of worsted cotton so I can crochet a set of arm warmers as seen on Rachel's blog at www.cornflowerbluestudios.blogspot.com.

After an unintentional nap this afternoon and a brief bout of furniture re-arranging, I started the arm warmers in the acid green yarn. I was buzzing along when I started wondering about the size of these things. Did I misread the crochet hook size? I had to come upstairs to check Rachel's instructions, and sure enough, I was off by about three sizes.

Oops.

My next purchase will be several sets of reading glasses that I can stash around the house. I have a set, but, uh, I don't know where they are. I remember using them in knitting class back in November. That seems so long ago...

So the plan for tonight is to re-start the arm warmer project, this time with the correct hook (size J). I'm still planning on making an intentionally mis-matched pair---one acid green, one deep purple. Why? Because I can. ;)

Peace, love, & yarn, y'all,
Me

1 comment:

Lythrum said...

It's good to see you back posting pal. :) I had a wonderful visit to the yarn store yesterday too, always fun to wallow for a few minutes before I go to work!